søndag 10. august 2008

My First Genea-Blogging Group Games Activity

One of the categories I compete in is the "5. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!" category. Item A is to comment on a new (to you) genea-blog. With my interest for New Zealand genealogy I have been looking for New Zealand genealogy blogs for some time now because they are very hard to find. But today, I found one among the genea-blogger members! It is Brett Payne's Photo-Sleuth blog. I commented his blog and asked for his advice finding other New Zealand genealogy blogs.

5 kommentarer:

TorillJ sa...

Interesting initiative Vidar! Good luck in your work in this Olympic contest

Vidar Øverlie sa...

Thanks Torill, maybe we will create a DIS-Norway version later. I am ending up doing some tasks that has been postponed for a long period.

TorillJ sa...

Agree, that would be really interesting. I'm on my way back from the US and have not had time to look into all of the opportunities this competiton offers. Though what I have seen looks impressive and certainly an idea we could use "The Norwegian Championship"

Laila N. Christiansen sa...

I think we should look into these games, and see what we can do in Norway - this is fun, and it makes at leas me do some really boring stuff with my data!!

Also - getting to know other people around the world!

Vidar Øverlie sa...

Laila, yes this is a win win for all of us that many others should have the opportunity to benefit from. Thanks to Miriam and the others who initiated these games. I am just practising for the Scandinavian or European games that will take place before the next Olympic Games. It is time for the genealogist to link world wide. USA, Canada and Norway is just a small fraction.